High-quality production almost always involves hiring actors. Asking your friends and employees can save money, but it can also lead to disaster. Bryant Digital Media recommends keeping a few things in mind when deciding who will star in your video.
1. Choose your most photogenic and friendly employees.
- Simply put, attractive people look better on camera.
- Stiff, awkward “actors” will ruin the look of your video. No amount of pretending hides nerves. Relaxed people look real.
- Offer a perk (unless the thrill of acting sufficiently motivates them).
2. Invite friends you know and trust.
- Make sure everyone signs a release granting permission to use his/her image for the agreed upon rate, whether it’s the promise of fame or a gift card to dinner.
- In addition to choosing friends who are as attractive and relaxed as your employees, find friends willing to stay focused and follow directions.
Activity within a scene creates more viewer-interest. But do your best to avoid all drama off-camera.