If you read our previous post, you know how to beautify your location. The experts at Bryant Digital Media suggest the following tips to help the people in your scenes look their best.
1. Makeup doesn’t have to be obvious. But if you don’t use it, everyone will notice.
- Even men need makeup to look their best under the lighting required for photography and videography.
- Makeup gives skin an even tone and keeps the forehead and nose (and balding scalps) from shining.
- Consider hiring a professional makeup artist. At the very least, bring along flesh-toned face powder.
- Beware of “fly away” strands of hair.
2. Choose the right apparel
- Avoid wearing high contrasts close together, such as a white shirt with a black coat and tie.
- Avoid wearing flesh tones or tones that will fade into the walls around you.
- Avoid pinstripes and plaids. The thin lines jitter on camera, creating what’s known as moire’ patterns.
- Solid colors are always best.
- If you frequently hear people say, “That color is great on you” when you wear a certain shade. Wear that one! Dress for the occasion.